Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

So Many Miles To Go


How many miles do you think you have to walk to achieve your dreams? You seem to be searching endlessly for what, we’re not quite sure. You seem to be walking towards a shining light which beckons you, but you never seem to reach it. You begin your journey with excitement and determination, but as you walk your body tires and you lose focus. Is the light that you follow less bright, less welcoming. What you search for, even you may not know. Although the miles seem to be endless, know that along the way you may experience all that you need if you are open to the unknown. Not all in life is laid out for you. Sometimes life’s greatest surprises come when you least expect them. As you walk on your journey, stop and enjoy the miles along the way.
When we're young, life is to be explored with innocence...

I can’t say how many miles I’ve walked so far in my life. But I know for the next thousands of miles that are before me, I’ll wear more comfortable shoes. I’m not so inspired to do a marathon in one day anymore. I am contented with a few feet a day.

No comments: