Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Finding Your Way In Darkness

Sometimes you swear that even if you have your eyes open, you are still in the dark. You are paralyzed because you're afraid that you will fall. Your steps are unsteady as you venture forward. It may seem that it would be better if you just stood still. By being still, you may become more aware of your surroundings. You will become more at peace with what is surrounds you when you begin to understand that there is purpose by being in the dark. In life, you may not struggle against the not knowing. When you push yourself relentless to seek your purpose, it may seem as if you are in the dark. But by pausing for just a moment, you will find that you are able to see your path more clearly. There is always a light shining to guide you, even if it's just a glimmer. Trust that you will find your way as you always do, whether in dark or in the light. 
There is beauty even in the dark...

(Sometimes I live my life in the dark. For there is no excuse when I get lost and I can't see where I am going. It also lends to having faith that I will find my way, even if I don't know where I am. Being in the dark is not always so bad. I've gotten used to opening to the universe when I lose my focus. But when I find the light to show me the way, the path is filled with wonder.)

No comments: