Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Letting Go

Most of the time you hear that it's better to release what you can not control, so that you can bring in the new. This would make sense because otherwise you lose focus on what is important. Having too many balls in the air is difficult and you may begin to drop some. But what if, just maybe there is purpose in all things. Even those that we are letting go of. When releasing what is less important at the time, you may be reluctant to do so because you feel that somewhere down the line it will come back to you. If everything we experience has purpose, then you are correct in saying that even things that we release will come to play in the future. So when letting go what you can not control at this moment, be aware that it is waiting for you somewhere down your path. By distancing yourself, you give yourself times to think more clearly. Everything serves purpose towards your destiny.
Bridges are meant to be crossed many times...

(Releasing things have often been difficult for me, because I think I could do better. Better planning, better decisions, better responses. I never thought that by the act of releasing, I was giving myself time to look at things more objectively. When I hold things too close to me, I become emotionally involved and I can't make good decisions. It's time for me to let go of what is bothering me because it's not where I need to be at this time.)

No comments: