Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Misguided Assumptions

How many times have you made assumptions thinking you know it all? You base your decisions on your experience and what you know to be true. You give your opinions freely, but you only know what you think is right. You know nothing of what the other person feels or have you taken the time to even ask if your opinion is wanted. There is no denying that you care for those who you give your advice so freely, but is it to listen to your own voice that you speak. In the future, listen before you open your mouth. Listen to what others are feeling. Listen to their words and feel their pain. Nurture their spirit, instead of pacifying your own self ego. You make misguided assumptions before you know the whole truth. It is time to step aside and be the friend you know you can be, selfless and without ego.
Life is about being real...
 
(I know that I give my advice before it is solicited, more often than not. I look at problems like puzzles. If all the pieces are there, then they can be solved. But being a friend is more than fixing things. I will become a better friend when I listen more than I speak and set my ego aside while my compassionate self emerges.)

No comments: