Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Carrying The Burden Of Others

It's not that you have enough to worry about, that you carry the burden of others. You feel responsible for their hurt and pain, so you make up for it by taking care of what does not belong to you. Being empathetic and compassionate is the way of a gracious spirit, but to feel that you own what others are going through is more about your ego. By letting go, you allow others to choose their own path. Everyone deserves to have the opportunity to make their own mistakes and learn by them. When you walk on the path of others, you sometimes forget where your own path is headed. Be aware of how much you are losing yourself, when you live only for the purpose of carrying the burden of others. When you become without ego, you will see how you can still be a part of others' lives, yet not live their lives for them. 
All I can hold is one nut at a time...

(I think it's one thing to help someone, but to take over their problems seems crazy. But that's what I do as a parent. Now that the kids are young adults, it's time that I step aside. It's difficult watching them fall since I've always been there to pick them up. I guess getting bruises and scratches may be the only way they can learn. I think I'll just close my eyes for awhile, till this growing up stage ends.)

No comments: