Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

No Excuses

Please no excuses. If we believe in ourselves a little more then we wouldn't doubt the choices we make. Is it human nature that makes us second guess ourselves and question what we do? When others tell us things about ourselves that we know to be untrue, why do we make up excuses? Living a life that is true to who we are is difficult when we doubt the decisions we make. It's time to draw upon our inner strength to be ourselves. Not to make excuses for who we are, but to just be. Being happy and at peace is a place that is worth fighting for. Today, be no one else but yourself. No one knows who you are supposed to be but you. There is a place for you wherever you choose to be.
Take a moment to look around you...
 
(I don't tend to make excuses but when I do I get so upset with myself. It's almost as if someone is talking instead of me. I guess it's like an alter ego that doesn't have the courage to stand up and just be. I would hope that I am who I am at all times, but that just doesn't happen. To care enough to be who I am at all times is something that I continue to struggle with.)
 

No comments: