Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Findng Peace In Being Alone

Although being alone may not be the easiest thing to do, it’s a time when we can truly be ourselves. When there is no reason to pretend we are more than what we are. When we are with others, no matter how honest we'd like to be, there is a part of us that remains hidden. It’s human nature to want to project a positive image. When we are alone, there is no one to impress or hide our flaws from. For some of us, we are so used to being someone we are not, that to be ourselves would be strange. In being alone, it gives an opportunity to discover who that person is that we have grown to be. This weekend, set aside some time for yourself. No interruption, just me time. Being alone is a good way to start learning more about yourself.
There is peace in the early mornings...
 
(I have no problem being alone and shutting down the chatter of others. But I have difficulty being alone with my own thoughts, which tend to run rampant.  It is much more difficult than I imagined. To reflect upon myself for just a moment is almost impossible, when my mind would rather organize the projects I have going on in my life. I'm not sure if it's such a bad idea to have a busy mind when I'm alone. I think giving myself the opportunity to be alone and with my thoughts, wherever they may wander is okay because that is truly who I have become.)

No comments: