Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Letting Go

So many of us bind ourselves so tightly by rules we've created that we no longer have room to grow. We carefully plan our future, so that we are safe from harm.  We hold judgement over others who are creating new experiences because it's easier to criticize others, than it is for us to face our own fears. When we are ready to let go of the past, the present will be patiently waiting for us. We'll know when it's the right time to let go, when we no longer fear the unknown. Today, be at peace with the decisions you make. Let your decisions be based on what you feel is right. When you think too much, everything seems overwhelming. It is time for you to be okay with who you are.
Looking beyond what is, may be the first step in letting go...
 
(Although I can't remember too much of the past, it's still difficult to let go of what I do remember because it's made me who I am. But I don't think this is about letting go of our experiences, but to let go what we cling to so tightly that nothing else can come through. There is always an internal fight within, to accept what my inner voice is telling me versus the fears which keep me from moving forward. Letting go is not always so easy.)
 

No comments: