Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, April 19, 2013

Let Your Inner Voice Keep You Safe

The world is no longer the way it used to be. Although we are closer than ever with just a click of a button, we still remain strangers with our neighbors. We surround ourselves with people that we care about and set boundaries with others who we aren't familiar with. We sometimes question ourselves when someone makes us uncomfortable because we're taught to  doubt our first impressions. If we believe in what we are feeling and listen carefully, we can keep ourselves from harm. Today, trust how you are feeling. Test yourself by writing down three adjectives about people you are not too familiar with. Then in a month, review what you've written and see how accurate you were. Know that you will be as accurate as your ability to listen to your inner voice.
Find your safe place...
 
(I think my safe place changes depending on how I'm feeling. I think I'm guided to where I'm supposed to be. At times, it may be a quiet place where I'm alone with my thoughts. At other times, it could be spending time with loved ones. To me, a safe place is where I can be myself.)
 

No comments: