Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Letting Others See Who We Are

Sometimes we get caught up with our daily life that we forget how much we're evolving. Our experiences makes us who we are, if this is true then we are not who we were a year ago, five years ago, or ten years ago. But yet we continue to hold on to our old habits because what we know gives us comfort. So how can we blame our friends and family when they don't know who we've become, if we are hiding behind the person who we were. As we continue to experience life, we learn more about ourselves. Acknowledging our past and accepting that that we are more than what we were, we can begin being transparant to others. Today, be yourself. Don't follow others to their destination, but follow the universal map you were given. There is a reason why you are here.
No matter how much we wait, he's not going moving...
 
(Talking to a friend, made me question how many people know who I really am. Do I let others truly see who I am? I don't feel as if I am wearing a mask because that would mean that I'm hiding who I am. I think it's more that I am multifaceted,  I am who I have evolved to be.)
 
 
 

No comments: