Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Winds Of Change

It is the middle of the year, when we all need to stop and reflect whether we are going in the right direction. How are we doing with the resolutions that were made on January lst? Now is the time to re-evaluate where we are and change our course if we are headed down the wrong path.We often make promises but have no clue where we will end up, so at some point re-looking at our plans is only natural. At this time of the year, instead of getting down on ourselves for not keeping our promises, we can create new ones that we can work on till the end of the year. It is time for the winds of change to come, giving us new opportunities to do better. Today, reflect upon what are some of the things that you'd like to accomplish. What can you do to make a difference in your life and the lives of others? Be open to whatever may come your way.
Creating fiber art takes a lifetime to perfect...

(I don't usually make resolutions at the beginning of the year. I wait until the year tells me what I need to work on. By mid January, I pretty much know what areas need my concentration. But then there are those years when there is truly winds of change, when everything gets moved around and nothing is the same. That's what this year is turning out to be like. Going with the flow does not mean that I can't prepare, but it does mean that my faith will be tested. I have to go back to how will this help me to help others. I hope I can have fun on the way.)

No comments: