Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Celebrating Just Because

When was the last time that you celebrated without a reason. For most of us, there has to be a reason why we are taking time from our busy life to enjoy ourselves. But what happens when there is no birthday, anniversary, holiday, or special event coming up in the near future. Is our life about waiting to celebrate, rather than celebrating because we are so fortunate to have life. We shouldn't have to look for excuses to relax and have a good time. We can rejuvenate our spirit when we take a moment to celebrate just because. Today, be kind to yourself. Treat yourself to something that you enjoy. Taking care of yourself is a way of celebrating life.
Go ahead take a piece, it tastes as good as it looks...

(Getting caught up in the day to day grind, I often times forget to enjoy myself. But I'm so fortunate to have wonderful friends and family, who have the gift to make me laugh and feel good. To me that's celebrating life, when I can leave my worries behind and spend special times with the people I love. Life is about being present in the moment. I'm constantly working on this.)



No comments: