Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Creating Triggers For Ourselves

There are many things in life that trigger our emotions. They are usually filtered through our senses, which is the easiest way to get our attention. So whenever we see, smell, or hear something, it's usually associated with an emotion. Triggers can also be useful in reminding us to slow down when we get too busy. For some of us, we keep going until it jeopardizes our health. Creating a positive trigger can help us from burning out. Just by posting a picture, a word or phrase that means something to us can shift the way we think. We have the ability to make our life so much more comfortable. Today, create a trigger for yourself. Use your imagination,  for you want it to have enough impact that it changes the direction in which you are flowing. Your triggers will rebalance your spirit. 
Breathe...

(I have set up triggers all over my house to remind me to slow down. Some of the objects are strange that no one would get it but me. I bought two pillows that are so soft and the colors of the ocean. Whenever I see them, it relaxes me immediately. I guess they work because my daughter who is with me for the summer seems to favor them whenever she falls asleep on the sofa. My triggers fit who I am.)

No comments: