Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Some Of The Best Things In Life Are Free

For some of us, it's easy to get caught up in a materialistic world. Where the need to buy things becomes an urgent need instead of a wanting. The cost of keeping up with others may be the loss of our self identity. Who we are changes to become who we think we ought to be. If we were to stop and strip ourselves of all the pretense, what would be left. Some of the best things in life are free. If we'd just take the time to open our eyes, we would see the beauty that surrounds us. Today, take advantage of the free things that are in your community. You'll be surprised with all the things that are available. Let yourself explore and discover all that is waiting for you. Enjoy your day!
And this is free...

(Spending the day at Turtle Bay waiting for my daughter is not the hardship I thought it would be. I thought I would be wasting my day, but I found nirvana. It's not only a beautiful sunny day, but I get to write this blog over looking the ocean. The picture above says it all. Why do I ever doubt that the universe has a greater plan for me. Where else would I be able to write in such a quiet, relaxing place and best of all it is free.)

No comments: