Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Being Prepared For The Unexpected

Many of us are often times surprised when things happen unexpectedly in our life. Our reactions depend on how prepared we are in handling the situation. We may initially look for fault beyond ourselves, for it's easier to blame others than it is to look within ourselves. But if we truly believe that every action has a consequence then it may benefit us to reflect upon what we have been doing in our life. Often times we may find that what has happened is due to what we did or didn't do. Life is about remembering what we've learned in the past, so that we are better prepared for the next time something comes up unexpectedly. Today, think about all the mistakes you've made and how you've grown from them. You may not know what will come around the corner, but you can be sure that whatever comes you will be able to handle it. You are much stronger than you think you are.
Sometimes we can hide our mistakes amongst others...

(I only know a few people who are really quick about taking responsibility for their own action. They are hard on themselves and tend to be very critical about their work. I need to work towards that. Although I know that I get into situations that somehow lead back to me, it's difficult for me to remember what it was that I did to cause it. But the lessons do become harder each time, so I definately have a feeling that the universe wants me to work on my memory a little more.)

No comments: