Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

What Is Our Heart's Desire?

If someone asked you what is your heart's desire, how would you respond? Is it something that you desire for the moment or is it something that you haven't yet defined. The last time we thought about what we truly desired may have been when we were younger and more idealistic. Now that we're a little older, we have become more realistic about what we can attain in our lifetime. We are bound by rules that we ourselves have created, so that it is almost impossible for us to dream beyond the world that we exist in. It may be time for us to begin envisioning a place where all is possible. The journey in seeking our heart's desire is as important as obtaining what we desire. Today, think about what you want in life. It may be that you have already attained all that you wished for. But if you haven't, know that if you listen to your spirit, it will guide you closer to what you desire.
It doesn't matter which way we go, we will end up at the same place...
(I've always thought that my heart's desire was what I wanted at that time, but as I get older I feel that it goes much deeper than that. It seems to be more about becoming the person that my inner spirit seeks to be. It's not about what I desire, but what does my heart desires. I have to constantly remind myself that whatever my spirit knows I have the potential to be, I deserve to become.)

No comments: