Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Just Being Me

Sometimes when we try too hard to accomodate others, we begin to lose ourselves in the process. In our efforts to care for those we love, we may put their needs in front of our own even if it means compromising what feels right to us. If we don't reflect upon our actions, we may find ourselves resenting the very ones that we love and care for. It's important for us to remember that the way to helping others is by being genuine. No one expects us to be anyone more than who we are. Today, think about your relationships. Are you being true to yourself when you're with those you love? It's part of our lesson to not only learn more about ourselves but to value who we are. Let others see not only their reflection, but the unique light that shines within you. 
We always have a choice...

(I feel as if I'm pretty clear as to who I am until I begin to help others, then my needs often times become less important. I understand that no one is asking me to put themselves first, so I'm not sure if it's about culture, being a woman, or just being who I am. Sometimes compromising is not always an option. There are so many things I have yet to learn.) 

No comments: