Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Catching A Glimpse Of Yesterday

We live in a world where we are constantly moving. Days go by so quickly that before we know it a year has already passed by. Sometimes it becomes a blur that it's difficult to remember what happened just yesterday. When asked to recall a specific moment, we may have to think for awhile before answering and even then the picture is vague. It could be that we have poor memories or on the other hand it may be that we aren't consciously capturing life in our memory banks. Training ourselves to do this is like learning a new skill. Some of us may be better at it than others, but we can all learn to do this. Absorbing and remembering everything. Using all our senses, paint a picture of what is happening in the moment. Then as time goes by, although the picture may get a little blurry with age, we can still remember that special moment. Time is a concept that everyone of us can redefine. Today, do nothing more than experience life.
 Deep in thought...

(I am the first to say that I have a poor memory. I've always had difficulty remembering the past. I'm not sure if it's because I'm always planning for the future, but being present in the moment is also a problem. So if I'm not in the present how would I remember what I wasn't aware of. It always seems to go back to living in the moment. This week I'll try this and see if it improves my memory.)

No comments: