Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Learning From Not Knowing

It's funny how much more we seem to learn about life after we finish school. As we're growing up, our concentration is on our academics and our future. But after graduation, we find that we still don't know very much about life. We learn through our experiences, as well as, through the help and support of those around us. Although we'd hate to admit it, we learn an awful lot from those who give us the most grief. It's as if going through the most difficult challenges, we find strength within us that we would have never attained without the struggle. We retain much more from our not knowing than if life came so easily to us. Today, be comfortable in not knowing. You are not expected to have all the answers. The path that you journey on should fill you with wonder and anticipation that around every corner there is another opportunity waiting for you. Explore the world with your eyes wide open.
Enjoy your path as you journey on...

(It's easier for me to be in the not knowing then it is to feel as if I know all. I'm not sure if it's my insecurities, but I look forward to what awaits me. I guess as I get older, life is always twisting things around. So you hardly ever get what you expect. It's like going into a yogurt store and finding that you like the toppings more than you do the yogurt. Have you ever tried the small Reeses candy? It's my new found favorite food. Wouldn't have found it if I didn't have to drive my daughter to get her snack. Life has a way of leading me to cool things.)

No comments: