Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Gentle Reminders In Life

There is a saying, "Don't get too comfortable because when you do things will begin to shakeup." For most of us, it's one of the things we hold dear to our hearts, that we have the ability to create  and control our environment. This would include where we live and what we do, but we sometimes forget that the universe has a higher plan for us. whatever it is, we are not privy to it. We purposefully avoid things that cause us the most fear or make us uncomfortable and we seek a safe haven. For the most part this seems to work, but it's until we are lulled into a false sense of security that our world begins to fall apart or it seems to be. But what is actually occurring is part of the bigger plan, which is to move us forward on our path. Whether you call it destiny or fate, it is what it is. So instead of fighting what is inevitable, open your arms and embrace your new adventures, which are only gentle reminders of who we are supposed to be. Today, stop being so grumpy about the changes that are occurring around you. You are being pulled out of your comfort zone for a reason, so take advantage of this opportunity for growth. 
It's hard to decide what you want when you have so many choices...

(Sometimes I wish that I knew what the universe had planned for me. No matter how much I think I've got the plan, it changes on me. All I'm left with is "You've got to be kidding. What now?" The universe definately has a sense of humor because why else would we be in such crazy situations. Thank goodness, my trust factor is super strong, otherwise I'd have serious doubts about what my purpose in life is. I feel that no matter where I go in life, there must be someone who I can learn from. That's my story and I'm going to stick with it.)



No comments: