Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Who To Blame

When the world around us gets so crazy, who is responsible to make things right. Are we attempting to balance our own life or are we waiting for someone to start the process for us. There are many of us who blame others for our world being as chaotic as it is. It has to be someone else who is responsible for the mess we are in now and who is there to listen to our stories of woe. What a predicament we find ourselves in. We are victims of circumstances and aren't sure how to get out of this wallowing of self pity.  Rather than stay in the negative light, there is an alternative. We can rise above our self absorbed thoughts and trust that we can pull ourselves out of the situations we are in. Only we can choose to move forward on our path. There are reasons that other people are in our lives, but it is not to prevent us from seeking our heart's desire. In creating a different reality for ourselves, we will attain what we are searching for in life. Today, listen to yourself. How many times are you blaming others for what is happening in your life? Relook at your circumstances and see where you are at fault and take responsibility. You truly have the strength to be who you are meant to be.

Sometimes we need a buddy to teach us how to stay on the board...

(I may not blame others for the situations I find myself in, but I know that this is also a form of being self absorbed. After raising three kids, I've gotten used to everything being my fault or so they have said. I'm not sure if it makes me stronger because I don't look at others to blame, but it helps me to work on what is going on alot faster. As a parent, we're an easy target for taking responsbility. Even now that they are grown, I still seem to be Kevin Bacon.)

No comments: