Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Snapshots of Life

When life doesn't go the way we'd like it to, it's difficult for us to remember that it's not always like this. While going through a challenging time, remembering when life was better isn't easy. For all we can manage to do is to put one foot in front of the other to get through the day. That's why it's important to begin taking snapshots of happier times, imprinting scenes in our mind of moments that made us laugh, feel relaxed, and inspired. Life will always have it's ups and downs and it is up to us to learn how to manuever through the difficult times more easily. Being able to view these snapshots of life, we will be reminded that no matter what we are going through now, life is not always like this. One memorable snapshot can change how we feel the whole day. Today, begin taking snapshots of your life. Stop and take a picture in your mind of moments you'd like to remember. When taking pictures, candid shots are more memorable than ones that everyone poses for. These are the ones you keep closest to your heart.
You can never go wrong taking pictures at the beach...

(Having a really bad memory, it's difficult as is to remember anything unless I write it down. For myself, I tend to remember my emotions rather than the actual scene of what I was doing. The picture itself may be a little hazy, but I remember clearly how I was feeling. I guess taking snapshots of my emotions works better for me.)

No comments: