Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Knowing Who We Are

As we go through life, there are times when we question who we are. Because we are always evolving, the answer may change depending on the moment. But what remains constant is our foundation. Who we are inside, our inner spirit doesn't falter. We build our life upon what makes us strong. But there are times in life, when others will challenge what we know to be true, so that we begin to question the core of who we are. It's difficult to stand tall when our foundation begins to weaken. It may be human nature to question who we are, but why do we let others convince us that we are not the person we are meant to be. When others begins to chip away at our self confidence, acknowledge and appreciate their efforts. For it's our lesson to learn that no one can take away who we are, but ourselves and knowing ourselves better gives us strength. Today, resolve to stand taller knowing who you are. Know that you are here to make an impact on the universe by being the best person you can be and to help others on their journey. You are not here to lessen anyone's spirit but to add to their light. Say to yourself, "I know who I am".
Can we be as strong as the rocks along the ocean shore...

(Knowing who I am as opposed to believing who I am are two different things. I know in my heart who I am and what I know to be true, but there are times when I find myself doubting what I know. It's funny how just the tiniest comments can make me question everything about myself and what I'm doing. I have to tell myself to find the lesson hidden within my insecurities. It's not a good place to be, but I understand that it will make me stronger in the long run.)

No comments: