Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Simplifying Our Life

Sometimes we get so busy in life that we forget that we have a choice to slow down. But how do we do this when we're so used to running around. We barely have enough time to accomplish what we have planned. So how do we do what we need to do in less time. It's actually not the time that we need to lessen but the amount of things that we are committing ourselves to. Are the things that we are doing in our lives important to our journey. We may not be able to answer this until hindsight, but we do know what is our priorities in life. Are the things that we are doing interfering with our priorities. If one of our priorities is family, then are we taking away from family time and is it in the best interest of those we love. The decision to make changes in our life takes time and lots of thought. Just acknowledging that we are overloaded with busy work is a step forward. Life is truly what we make it. Today, think about how busy you are. Are you spending enough time on your priorities? You can be living a life that you've envisioned, if you only take the time to simplify it.
How relaxing...

(Sometimes I get so caught up in life that I make it much more than it really is. I don't think I lean towards drama, but exaggeration. I take on more than I can handle, not that I can't get things done but I don't have to be so hard on myself. Learning to take it easy after being so busy is really challenging. I think the key is to get the quality of work done even if I can't get the quantity.)

No comments: