Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sitting On The Sidelines

Sometimes when life gets too overwhelming, it's best to sit on the sidelines and watch the game from the bleachers. No one said we had to participate in life all the time. There are times when our minds aren't clear enough to make the best decisions. When we are tired and stressed from thinking about what needs to be done in our life in order to rebalance ourselves, that's the time we need to step back. There is nothing wrong about being still while our life spins out of control. Sometimes pulling back gives us a better perspective of the whole picture. Taking the time to just be, may be the best thing for us to do right now. Today, be still. Let the universe guide you through your week and see what transpires. Whether you are active in life or not, you will still move forward on your path. Be content with where you are today.
Let's just sit on the beach for awhile...

(Although it's hard for me to step back, there are times when I have to give it up to the universe. I understand that there is nothing for me to do but wait and see how things turn out. Even if I want to get the answers to my questions, it always comes in it's own time. When am I going to learn that nothing I do will make things happen before it's time. So I think I'm going to have fun for today.)

No comments: