Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Changing Others

How many of us have thought that things could be better if the other person would change? Some of us spend so much time and energy trying to change others to fit our needs. But if we were to stop trying so hard to mold people to our specifications and instead work on ourselves to be more patient and tolerant of others, how would our life be then. It's definately easier to find fault in others than in ourselves. Reflecting upon our own imperfection takes courage. For who wants to see themselves for who they truly are. Finding fault in others helps us to overlook the weaknesses in ourselves. Today, see others for who they are trying to be. Instead of getting upset, try looking at your own weaknesses. If you concentrate on improving yourself not others, you will begin to see the world as it truly is, a more compassionate place to be.
At the beginning, no one seems to have any faults...

(I don't normally want to change people. I'm not sure if it's because I don't notice their quirks or because I'm too self absorbed. Having my own problems keep me occupied that I don't have time to obsess about others. I also think it's because everyone works as hard as I do at being who they are, whether I like what they are doing or not.)

No comments: