Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, November 1, 2013

Letting Go

What if you were to let go of the control you have over your life? You've been holding on so tightly for fear if you let go everything will fall apart. Everything has a place in your life. Nothing is unexpected because you won't let it. Even when things don't go the way you'd like it to, you quickly pick up the pieces and make sense of the chaos. You've always thought it was a gift that you have, but what if it was more of a coping strategy? What if the fears of failure were stronger than letting go of what you can't control? What if something wonderful were to happen without you planning for it? Why don't you see for yourself, if letting go will lead to something bigger than what you could ever envision? Trust that the universe will always be there for you whether you plan or not.
Being alone doesn't mean being lonely...

(I'm not exactly sure if I could let go if I didn't trust that the universe knows better than me. It still surprises me that the universe listens to what I have to say. Things are moving so quickly that the words I say seem to scatter to the winds and turn into reality. I acknowledge and celebrate my universal plan.)

No comments: