Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, August 26, 2013

Walking The Talk

You, who speak of compassion, have difficulty helping your neighbors. You, who are the first to help the sick, the poor, and those in need, have no empathy for your co-workers. You are familiar with the words of wisdom that come from the masters and meditate each day so that you can better yourself, but yet you are very clear as to who receives your aid. You are blind to the walls you've erected over the years that separates yourself from others. You see yourself as a compassionate person because all who you have chosen to help are less than you. But if take away all that you've learned, you would be stripped of judgement. You would be no more or less than anyone else. You would be the reflection of all who stands before you. When you open your heart and your mind to all who need your help, no matter who they are, then you will truly be walking the talk. 
It's like looking into a mirror...

(I spoke to someone who thought that these messages come from me. I tried to explain that I get messages in my mind and all I do is write them down. That's why I too comment on what I write. I think we are all here to learn life lessons, while enjoying life along the way. I don't think it's supposed to be so hard that we stop being happy. If I walk slowly, I should be able to keep up with what I say.)

No comments: