Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ties That Bind Us

You may wonder why you are connected with certain people in your life. It's as if there was an invisible string that pulled you together and keeps you bound in some way. Then at some point, the ties loosen and you drift apart. There doesn't seem to be a reason or timing, it just is. The universe has plans for you that include these people. Your interactions with them mold you to be who you are. Whether your relationship is amiable or not, there is still purpose in how you interact. It's as if all is predestined. It's just when the time is right that you meet and engage in what has always supposed to be. Sometimes it seems as if you have met before, your energies seem more familiar with each other than your memories. There are ties that bind you to people who you have met and those you will meet in the future. When you find yourself being pulled towards someone, be open to all that they can share with you and know that you bring a special part of yourself to share with them.
We learn so much from each other...

(Sometimes I question why certain people are in my life. Are they here to support and guide me? But I have it all wrong, it's what I can do for others that is the key. It's their relationship with me that makes me a much better person. I am thankful for all those who are in my life, for those who have passed through, and for those who I am yet to meet. They are all my saving grace.)

No comments: