Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, August 19, 2013

A Quiet Voice

Many believe that the louder they yell the more attention they will receive. This may be true, but at what point do others stop listening because all they hear is noise from a disgruntled person. As children, we throw tantrums to get our way, but soon we are ignored. Yelling is not effective because no one can hear what you have to say. What is the point of all the drama, if there is no purpose. It is human nature to listen, so use a quiet voice so others will have to concentrate on what it is that you have to say. When we use our words wisely, no one will mistake what your message is. If others still do not hear what you have to say, it's not because they can't hear you any more. It may be that they are not ready to hear what you have to say. Speak in a quiet voice and you will be heard.
Blow and make a wish...

(There is so much conflict in the world, that sometimes silence can be deafening. Talking all day at work, makes me appreciate the end of the day when all is calm. As much as I love people around me, there is another side of me that likes to be by myself. When it's quiet, I can hear myself think. It's actually a blessing to hear the universe flow through me.)

No comments: