Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

If Time Could Stand Still

If time could stand still, what would you do. If there was no past or future, all there was the present. How easy or difficult would that be for you. For those who live in the past, reliving all their mistakes. Thinking about "if only's", how difficult would it be to live just for the moment. There are no mistakes to correct only today, to do the best you can. And what about those who live in the future. Not concentrating on where you are right now because you are planning for tomorrow. In the present, you never have to worry about what is coming because there is only today to enjoy. The present is what the universe gifts to you each day. It is a blessing to live life to the fullest, no more, no less.
If time could stand still...

(I am a person who lives for tomorrow. I have to stop myself every once and awhile, otherwise I'll miss so many things in life. Since I am always planning, it makes me uncomfortable to be still. Waiting in lines, I'm reading magazine covers. At stop lights, I'm thinking about what I'll be doing next. Walking in the malls, I'm writing lists in my head. I literally have to turn off the light at night. Being in the moment is truly a precious gift to me.) 

No comments: