Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, August 23, 2013

Hiding Behind A Mask

What kind of mask are you wearing that prevents others from seeing who you really are? You are so used to pretending to be someone who you feel others would like, that you have lost faith in who you are. Your true feelings are hidden behind smiles that you've pasted on your face. Tears are held because you feel that no one would understand the sadness that sometimes lay within. What if you were to take off the mask that you are so used to wearing? What if you were to find that others would accept you for who you are, not who you pretend to be? When you become comfortable with who you are, then your beauty will reflect the spirit that shines within you. At that time there will be no purpose for a mask that you no longer need. Know that we love and believe in you.
Seeing the natural beauty in all things...

(As I get older, I don't have time to pretend to be who I am not. There is so much to do and so little time, that I would get confused if I'm not myself. How would others trust me, if I'm not true to myself. It's not easy being who I am because the person I am is still evolving. There is beauty in us all, now all we have to do is start believing in who we are.)

No comments: