Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Losing Yourself

At certain times in your life, you may find yourself lost. Standing alone in what seems like a vast forest with trees as high as buildings. No one is in sight, but you alone. There isn't a sense of loneliness, just being alone. It may be more of a "I'm not sure where I am, but I know I'm safe" feeling. It's not always bad to feel that you are by yourself to resolve the problems that are weighing on your shoulders. For you to stop and pause at this point in time is a matter of self preservation. Where would you go if you continued to move forward. No, being lost is a good place to be. Now you can stop and reassess what is going on in your life and decide whether you want to do something, let it sit for awhile, or move on. Whatever you decide will be the right decision. The next time you feel lost, be comforted knowing that you will soon be found again.
Sometimes you have to get to the bottom to see the beauty on top...

(When I feel lost, I usually slow down. I know that whatever I'm doing won't be as good as I'd like it to be because I'm not focused. It's like being a ray of light. Sometimes I'm so bright, it hurts my eyes and other times, there is nothing to lead me on my path. I know that if I was never lost, I'd never stop and appreciate what is around me.)

No comments: