Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Getting Back Time Lost

As hard as you try, you can't recapture time. Special moments that mean so much will eventually fade as time goes on. You are left with only snapshots of time gone by. Pictures of not only the good times, but difficult times as well. But what about those moments that you wish you could do over. Mistakes being made that you know if you had the chance, you could do better. Saying "I'm sorry" to those who deserved an apology, but pride got in the way. Helping those who needed your help, but you were too busy. If only, you could go back and be the person who you are today. But since you're not able to get back time lost, move forward and be the compassionate spirit that now walks your path.
Because memory fades, make each day count...

(This picture makes me feel good. I guess it's because I know what it's like to walk on the beach with my bare feet. To look forward to jumping into the cool water on a hot day. To be one the only one on the beach. I may have a poor memory, but I do remember what makes me feel good.)

No comments: