Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

New Beginnings

If you could begin again, at what point would that be? What would you do that would be so different from what you have already done? Would you know more than what you know at this time? Would all your experiences, all the people you have met, the special moments be gone from your memory? When you make wishes of this magnitude, do you think about the consequences? Of course not, that is the purpose of "What if's". Going back in time gives you a break from the realities of life. But it's only by going back to the past, that you realize the gifts you are seeking are right in front of you. Every day is a new beginning, where you have the opportunity to live the life you envision. Instead of regretting what you have missed out in the past, move forward with anticipation that the universe has opportunities waiting for you.
New beginnings...

(I don't spend too much time looking backwards, because I have so much to do in the future. Sometimes I give myself permission to lean backwards to relax for just a moment. I can visit the past anytime I want to by going down memory lane with my friends and family. In fact, they have better memories than I do. The past has helped me get to where I am today, but the present is where I need to be to appreciate where I am going.)

No comments: