Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Truth Will Lead The Way

Whenever we feel lost or not sure of how we ended up where we are, think about what we know for sure. The answers may not come quickly to us, but in disjointed thoughts. The visions we once had of our heart's desire have become faded and unfamiliar. The more honest we are with ourselves, the clearer we will become of where we need to be. It's when we fool ourselves in believing that we can be everything to everyone that we begin to lose our way. We accomodate others before ourselves, when it may not be the best for us. Getting used to not listening to our desires gets easier and our inner voice becomes only a whisper as time goes by. Finding our way, comes when the truth leads us back to where we belong. Today, practice being honest with yourself and see where it leads you. Truth is sometimes painful, but so is leading a life which is not yours. Be who you were meant to be.
Let's do this together...

(The hardest thing in life is being honest with ourselves. I've hidden so long behind the role of being a mother and wife that I've forgotten who I was. Finding my way back may be rewarding in the end, but right now the path is unfamiliar to me. Everyday I'm discovering new things about myself that I never knew existed. I like who I'm becoming.)

No comments: