Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stumbling Through Life

There are times in life when we want to do our best, yet we find ourselves stumbling over our own feet. Even with the best intentions, we may make mistakes. But it's natural for us to be less perfect, so we can remember what it's like to be human. We are all alike in that we are not perfect and stumbling helps to humble the best of us. Before we find fault in others, it is best to remember how clumsy we all can be when our path becomes unsteady. Stumbling through life can be rewarding when it slows us down so that we can actually see where we are going and where we have been. By being too careful in life, we may miss the unexpected opportunities that are hidden along the way. Today is all about appreciating the mistakes you make. You learn more about life when you stumble and catch yourself, then when you plod carefully and learn nothing new. Don't be too cautious or you won't see the opportunities that may be laying right before you.

Sometimes if we aren't aware of our surroundings, we can miss alot...

(I almost missed this truck, if I didn't stumble on the sidewalk. It was pretty much in front of my face, but I don't tend to look around when I walk. Although I didn't try it that day, it reminded me to take a little more time to appreciate my surroundings and not to be in such a rush all the time. I miss so much in life, when I don't pay attention to what's important.)

No comments: