Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Feeling Good About Yourself

How many of us go through life finding fault with ourselves? We are the first in line to make disparaging comments and last to extend well deserved compliments. Our humble background may have something to do with our modesty or it could be just our esteem issues that we haven't dealt with yet. Whatever the case may be, if we are to live a life of compassion, we must begin with ourselves. Who else needs compassion more than ourselves? The ability to acknowledge our weaknesses and strengths for what they are, is an important part of accepting and understanding who we are. We are no more or less than anyone else. As we begin to feel good about ourselves, we can transfer this feeling towards helping others. Today, treat yourself as if you were your best friend. Do something that expresses how much you love and care for this special person. How different is this from the way you normally treat yourself? Be mindful that how you feel about yourself is reflected in how you treat others.

Glass art makes people feel good...

(I normally feel good about myself, but what helps is when I treat myself to little things that make me smile. Just being at Pike's Market in Seattle makes me happy. I don't even have to buy anything, just walking around and looking at all the flowers, crafts, and food is relaxing. I guess I need to do that more often.)

No comments: