Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Believing In Something

Everyone believes in something beyond ourselves. Whether it's a higher source that guides our actions or in proven facts, it's a belief system that we base our decisions on. The challenge comes when we begin to judge others based on our personal beliefs. If we are all unique, who are we to say that we should all conform to one belief system. As compassionate beings, are we not to accept others as they are, each of us working on our own personal journey. Who is to say that something that is working for us, may fit another who is very different. Is it not enough to respect another person's belief in life, if it is to help others? If we start believing in each other, we may one day achieve peace within ourselves. Today, reflect upon your own beliefs. How are they guiding your behavior and decisions? Are you living a life of compassion or is it a life of self importance? Let your beliefs reflect your true inner spirit.
We may not understand, but we can respect what is peacful...

(I thought understanding was important, but there is more importance in respecting another person. I found that people may not understand who I am, but they do respect what I do. I had to think about this for awhile, but I've come to be okay with that. Sometimes I don't even understand myself, but I do feel good about who I am.) 

No comments: