Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Choosing Those In Our Life

What if we were able to choose the people who are in our life? From selecting who our parents are, to those who impact our life. Whether our relationship is for a short period or an extended time, what if we could predetermine the people who will shape the person we become. Then it would go without saying, that those we meet whether we like them or not are in our life for a reason. If this is the way it works, then when we ask ourselves "Why is this person in my life?", the answer would be because you asked for them to present at this time. Whether it's to remind us about what we should be doing or how we should be behaving, everyone we meet is critical to our existence. Whether we have the ability to choose the people in our life or not, it is time to acknowledge and appreciate all who have helped in making us into the person we were meant to be.  Today, think about all the people that are in your life. Why have you selected them and what are they teaching you? When you think that the people you are with are not just randomly put in your life, but a choice you made, you tend to look at things a little differently. If you do have a choice who is in your life, you would think you would have been so much more easier on yourself.
We are where we are meant to be...

(This message gives so much food for thought. If I chose to be with the people who are in my life, then I have to think "Why?". Why did I choose my husband, my children, friends, the strangers I meet? For each one, I have a different reason. But is it for me to understand or is it just information only. The important part may be to think of the concept and live my life as best as I can. This will take a lot of time to ponder over.) 

No comments: