Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Learning To Be Patient

One of the most difficult things in life is the act of waiting. Learning to be patient is a skill worth developing, but often times overlooked. Our life moves so quickly that we have become used to doing multiple things at once while we are constantly on the go. Everything we do is completed within a short period of time because we've got other things that we have to do. Whether we don't have the time or it's impossible for us to slow down, being still is rare for most of us. But learning to be patient is such an important skill to attain because it helps us to appreciate and value what is to come. If things come too quickly, we tire of it and move on without thought to what we have received. By being patient, we discover more about ourself and the life we lead. Today, move slowly. Whatever you are asking for will come, so why rush the moment. Take life one day at a time and everything will fall into place.
While we are still, we can appreciate the beauty that surrounds us...

(I thought I was a patient person, but these last couple of days have me moving quickly in life. I know I can't hurry certain things along, but I sometimes I wish I could. Waiting for things to transpire can be the most exciting thing. At this time, I am waiting for life to unfold.)

No comments: