Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, April 27, 2012

Where Do We Go After We Die

For some of us our behaviors are based on our beliefs of where we go when we die. Everyone's beliefs systems are different, so our behaviors would also reflect this. For many, there is an understanding that if we behave in an appropriate manner there is a stronger possibility that we will end up in a better place. But what about those without a belief system. What guides them to live a life of compassion? There is no outside source guiding them to behave in a certain manner, so what motivates them. It may be that within us there is a moral compass that points us in the right direction in how to live our life, but it is up to us to follow it or not. It may help to have outside sources to guide us through life, but at most we all have an inner light within us to help navigate through life's challenges. Today, think about your beliefs about life and death. What do you hold to be true and how does this affect your behavior? Be insinc with your beliefs and your actions, for you will live a life being true to yourself when you do. We all prepare for death from the day we are born.
Take time to remember those who have gone before us...
(This past weekend, I went to visit my mother's grave. It dawned on me that I never think about my own death or my beliefs on dying. It's not until someone close passes away that I reflect upon my mortality. Then I wonder if I'm living my life based on where I think I'm going after I die. I don't think so, but I'm going to give it more thought.)

No comments: