Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Making The Impossible Possible

How many times have we convinced ourselves that we can't do or attain something because it seems impossible. Based on our past experience, we know our strengths and weaknesses. But how many of us challenge ourselves to go further than we have in the past. In our minds, we have already failed so it's easy to talk ourselves out of pushing further. Although in our hearts, we'd like to reach our dreams. In our minds, it will never become a reality because we've convinced ourselves that we can't go beyond the boundaries that we've created. If we were to imagine that we can overcome anything, think of all that we can achieve. It's time that we make our dreams come true. Today, do the impossible. Think about what you can do, not what you can't. Have confidence in yourself and all that you can achieve. You are much stronger than you think. Now fly!
Look beyond your reality. You'll be surprised at what awaits you...

(I've tried running several times, but it was always so difficult. I could run only a few feet before I was out of breath and my ankles would get sore.  Now after power walking for a year, I tried running again. On my daughter's advice, I "kicked it up a notch". Her words not mine. First I ran a few feet at a time, now I'm running about 3 miles per day. I know that for some people it's not such a big deal, but for me it was the impossible that became possible. What a feat! I'm still amazed every time I go out and start running.)

No comments: