Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Releasing Your Fears

There is so much positive energy flowing throughout the universe that's available to us if we choose to access it. So it's difficult to understand why we would prevent the flow of universal energy, if it is so easily accessible. For many of us, fear actually has the ability to paralyze us from moving. We often times bind ourselves so tightly, living within boundaries that we've created so that we won't be hurt. But a life driven by our fears, is not living but just an existance. We are being suffocated by our struggles to be free of the very thing that keeps us tied. Just knowing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, that will help us to break loose from our bindings may be our saving grace. When we move beyond our fears, we will begin to live a life we were meant to lead. Today, choose one fear to conquer. It may take a day or years to overcome, but if you take it one day at a time you will achieve your goal. As you release your fears, you will see a whole new world open up that is filled with opportunities. Seek and you will be given what you ask for.

It's easy to forget our worries, when we are surrounded by such beauty...

(I sometimes wonder how much more I could do if I could overcome my fears. I've never really sat down to reflect upon what exactly are all my fears but the ones I know for sure do make me think twice about doing things. I wouldn't say that they prevent me from actualizing what I want, but they do make me trip once and awhile. Overcoming one's fears is easier said than done.)

No comments: