Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Looking In The Mirror

Sometimes it's difficult to look in the mirror because we tend to see all. On most days, we can pinpoint a flaw or two, but there are other times when they are all so clearly visible. Knowing that they exist makes us feel vulnerable to the world. Although we've gotten quite good at covering them up, there are moments when we can't hide the ugliness within us. We know what we have to do to rid ourselves of these thoughts, but it's difficult to overcome what our mind tells us is true. Sometimes we may hurt others unintentionally to protect ourselves from what we perceive to be a danger to us. As unreasonable as this may sound, we've done this over and over that we've begun to justify our behavior. That's why we avoid looking in the mirror because mirrors never lie, they only reflect what is standing before them. It's time to open our eyes and see who we are in the moment. Today, see yourself in all your glory. Now is not the time to take action, just reflect. Acknowledge, accept and love the person who you have become. Tomorrow is another day, in which you can worry about what needs to be done to move forward. Just be... for today.
Although we may not know what this is, we can appreciate it's beauty...

(Sometimes I go through life so oblivious to what is happening around me. It's not until something jars me out of my bliss that I stop and look at the whole picture. It's a difficult thing to do when I've been unconsciously trying to avoid the very thing that catches my attention. It's not so hard to recognize the facts for what they are, because they haven't changed since the last time I looked. Mirrors seem to pop up whenever I least expect it. Maybe if I keep my eyes closed, they will just go away.

No comments: