Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Living A Life Of Perfection

It is not enough to go through life trying to be perfect. We have to be okay with allowing ourselves to make mistakes. It is easier to live a life of perfection because we can then come up with excuses as to why we are not living up to our expectations. Being okay with making mistakes is much more difficult, because we are then admitting to ourselves that we may not be working towards our potential. We are so used to wanting to do the best, when it's our journey towards being the best where we learn most of our lessons. When we get caught up with who we should be rather than who we are in the moment, we are losing what life is about. Being hard on ourselves does not stop there, we often times become critical and judgemental of others. We expect others to live up to the same standards that we live by, which is difficult because they will fail. Not knowing our expectations, leads to miscommunication and strained relationships. Know that we are all a work in progress and every mishap only gets us closer to learning more about ourselves and others. Today,be gentle and kind to yourself and others. Open your creative mind and accept the unlimited possibilities that will come. You can achieve much more if you release the need to be perfect and live your life enjoying each mistake you make.
True creativity comes from thinking outside the box...
(I think the hardest part is letting go. I'm a planner by nature, so I tend to organize things in my brain. It's hard for me to just go with the flow. I remember taking my kids to Disneyland and having an activity chart based on the popularity of the rides. Okay, that was many years ago but I still find myself making way too many lists. I won't say I'm a perfectionist but I'm pretty close to being anal. I have to "work" at having fun.)

No comments: