Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Being True To Who You Are

There are moments when we question ourselves and the path that we have chosen. Not being sure if we have made the right decisions, we may be swayed by what others say or advise us to do. If we were to take a moment to listen to our inner voice, we would know where we are supposed to be. But most of us get caught up with our busy lives that we only hear the loud chatter of the people we surround ourselves with. It's okay to take a path that is different from everyone else. It's okay to start a new trail, which hasn't been explored before. We are different and that's what makes us who we are. We should be celebrating being unique, instead of hiding our shining light. Today, be true to who you are. Believe that the path you are on is leading you to the life you were meant to lead. Be courageous on the journey you have chosen. Because it's knowing who you are that will make all the difference in the world as to where you end up.
She looks so happy...

(Today I went to hear the Dalai Lama speak. It was a once in a lifetime moment and I was looking forward to seeing him. But sometimes the best laid plans go awry. I not only fell, literally on my hand, knees and face but I also fell asleep during the program. I honestly couldn't stay up. After hearing that we are all the same, spiritually, physically, and mentally, I slowly nodded off. Although hearing the Dalai Lama speak was a wonderful experience, I think it was also about listening not only to what my inner voice was saying, but also what my body was also telling me to do. I think I just needed to shut down for awhile after my fall. Thank you M for helping me clean up the bloody mess.)

No comments: