Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Friday, April 20, 2012

The Power Of Our Words

There is so much hidden power behind the words we use. Most of us go through life unaware of how much of what we say impacts those around us. We often times take for granted what we say and fall back on our bad habits. We have gotten used to veiling our true feelings behind senseless words. In some cultures, words are not spoken needlessly because they are valued. What is spoken is acknowledged to be important. If we make a conscious effort to understand ourselves better, we may eventually learn how to communicate what we are truly feeling. Our words have the power to change who we are. Today, listen to the words that you are saying and how you are saying them. Are they truly reflecting what you feel? Be careful that you do not hurt those that are close to you because you are feeling out of sorts. In order to live a compassionate life, you must first understand the power of your words.
Sometimes words are not needed...

(The written word is my life, but when it comes to speaking I find my self having to watch my tone. It's funny how the same words can sound so different when you are upset or irritable. Although my pet peeve is someone having attitude, my kids have no problem calling me on the same thing. I guess we all need reminding every once and awhile. This has me thinking, are our pet peeves our own weaknesses. Food for thought.)

No comments: