Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Life Instructions

Even if we were to be given detailed instructions as to how to live our life, how many of us would follow it. We ask too many questions about our life's purpose and path, that I sometimes wonder if we are actually expecting a response or are we asking only rhetorical questions, which there are no answers. For what are we to do if we were given instructions to live a life of compassion. That would take alot of soul searching on our part. So given instructions to follow, would we get hopelessly lost anyway.That's why the universe does not give very clear directions, for it's up to us to decide the final road we are going to take. Today, be a part of life. It doesn't matter what you do, just do something. It's a beautiful day and you are alive. You don't need instructions on how to live your life, just live it.

If it were only this easy...

(It's funny how I expect life's message to be clear so that I can understand them. Otherwise, I can perceive it anyway that I want, fitting it to my purpose. I guess it's only when we take a step back that we can get a semblance of understanding, even then it may be doubtful. This can get complicated. Still hurting and looking pretty messed up from my fall yesterday, has been a very humbling experience for me. This is how I take it, "You are no better or less than anyone. Sometimes you need to fall on your knees to understand this." More to think about.)


No comments: