Welcome to Quiet Island Writings! Sometimes when asking for help on our journey, we are sent inspiring messages. Be open to the universal energy that flows compassionately around us all. If you'd like to share your reflections on the writings, click on the daily post title and leave your thoughts. Have an inspiring day!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Waiting For Signs

There are many of us who wait patiently for the universe to guide us through life. We look intently for signs to show us which way to go on our path. But if asked what we are looking for, I'm not sure if any of us would know. Although we feel confident that if we saw them, we would easily recognize them. In fact, some of us may wait our entire life waiting for signs to direct our next move. In waiting, we've become paralyzed because we're afraid or not sure what to do next. It's pretty scary to think that we would miss living the life we were meant to lead, if we were to make our own decisions without guidance. What if we make a mistake? Know that even if we make mistakes, we can still live our lives to the fullest. By making the most out of each moment is a sign that we understand that the universe is always a part of us. Today, think of a question that you may have about your life. Then release the question and go about your day. If you are open to the universal energy that  flows around you, you will receive your answer by the end of the day. Have a gentle day!

 It's a beautiful day, who reads signs...

(In the past, I would get carried away in reading too deeply into what I thought was a sign telling me what I should do. I would put my own spin on it to make it go the way I wanted the outcome to turn out. After realizing what I was doing, I stick with my first reaction. When I over think, things get complicated. It's like driving, read the signs then move on because otherwise you are stopping the traffic behind you.)

No comments: